Lunch is arguably the best meal in Surfside Beach. You've got the sun on your face and the buzz of families across the beach and sidewalks. There are tons of choices, but here are some of our favorites for food, beverages and views. Take a seat at any of these establishments and you'll enjoy your meal.
- Gracious Pig - This barbecue is outstanding and you will love how close it is to your Surfside Beach vacation rental home.
- Chimichanga Llama - This Mexican-style eatery has its grand opening on May 5, 2022 and will feature a fun and family-friendly atmosphere.
- River City Cafe - You simply can't beat the beach views on the porch of River City. It's near the pier, so you have plenty of people watching, and you get the bonus of delicious food. Our recommendation? The Black & Blue Burger. And to start? The grouper fingers are delicious. For the more adventuresome, many people also love the Peanut Butter Burger. It's hard to go wrong with any sandwich in the joint.
- Pizza Hyena - Craving pizza? Well, Pizza Hyena is the place to go. In Surfside, Pizza Hyena serves 10” Neapolitan style flatbread pizzas baked in a 700 degree oven straight from Italy.
- Bubba's Fish Shack is just across the street and owned by the same company. On the front porch, you can still see the beach, but inside, you get a rustic family-friendly place, complete with a large bar for those looking for more hard refreshments. It's a great place to kick up your sandals for a few minutes between sun-soaked strolls. In the mood for a salad? The infamous "White Trash Salad" has everything but the kitchen sink and will fill you up.
- Dagwood's Deli (or Dag's to locals) is a great sandwich place and perfect for the sports lover. With tons of televisions and delicious beers, this is the perfect spot to get some refreshment. Though there isn't much of a view, they do have an outdoor porch with swinging covered tables, which are always a crowd-pleaser.
- Ultimate California Pizza doesn't have a view of the beach, but it does have some seriously delicious pizza. You can go with the traditional toppings or get something far out. There's a reason it's voted Best of the Beach year after year.
There you have it, 7 great lunch spots for your trip! Did we miss your favorite lunch spot? Let us know in the comments!